1. Q: How do I take StrengthsFinder? A: As a member of the Class of 2015, you will receive an email with a unique access code and directions after New Student Orientation. Check your UARK email for this important email. NOTE: This unique code should only be used by you as a U of A student and can only be used once. Follow the tutorial on the U of A Strengths homepage.
2. Q: I don't know where to enter my access code. A: Follow the tutorial provided on the strengthsquest.uark.edu homepage.
3. Q: My code doesn't work. A: First, verify that you are typing the correct code. If your code still doesn't work, contact email@example.com.
4. Q: I lost my code or I let someone else use my code. A: If you are a first-year student, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your first and last name and U of A ID number located on your ID card. You will receive a response within 48 hours Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am-4:30pm. If you have already used your access code to create a username and password, you no longer need it for future access. The code that was assigned to you is a unique code and nobody else will be able to use it unless you provide it to them. If you did give someone else your code to use, you will need to pay $9.00 to receive a new code.
5. Q: What email should I use to set up my StrengthsQuest account? A: It is important that you use your UARK email account when you initially register. This will help us link your results to your account.
6. Q: Are there accommodations for people with disabilities? A: Yes. There is a 20-second timer for each statement on the assessment. However, it can be turned off if you have a disability that requires you to take the Clifton StrengthsFinder assessment without a time limit. If this is the case, please use your access code to set up a username and password for an account, and then contact StrengthsQuestHelp@gallup.com.
7. Q: Is the assessment available in other languages? A: The StrengthsFinder assessment is offered in 20+ languages. When you create your account, there will be an option to choose a language for the assessment.
8. Q: I stopped in the middle of taking the online assessment. Can I start again? A: You can pick up where you left off simply by logging in again. Since you have already entered your access code to get started, it won't work again. For more information, click here. http://www.strengthsquest.com/help/technical/142556/not-finish-assessment-resume-taking.aspx
9. Q: My computer crashed while I was taking the assessment. What do I do? A: Log back in and continue taking the assessment where you left off. Your progress was likely saved. If you missed answering multiple questions prior to the computer crashing completely, contact the Gallup Organization’s StrengthsQuest Support Team by e-mail at StrengthsQuestHelp@gallup.com or by phone at 888.211.4049 and request that your account be reset so that you can start the assessment over from the beginning.
10. Q: I took the StrengthFinder assessment but how do I get my results? A: Go to www.strengthsquest.com and click the sign-in box on the upper right corner. You will need the email address you used to create the account (hopefully your UARK email). Your talent themes and helpful resources will be in the User Guide.
11. Q: I can't remember my StrengthsQuest username and password. A: Follow the steps outlined on this StrengthsQuest page. http://www.strengthsquest.com/help/technical/142565/forgotten-username-password.aspx
12. Q: Who do I contact if I would like to discuss my StrengthsQuest results? A: Email email@example.com with your request, you should receive a response within 48hrs.
13. Q: Who has access to my StrengthsFinder results? What will those results be used for? A: Your results may be accessed by University faculty and staff to ensure your success as a student. For example, your academic adviser, career counselor or instructor may use a strengths-based approach to help you learn more about yourself, others and opportunities to engage on campus.
14. Q: Can I retake the assessment? Can taking the StrengthsFinder more than once affect my results? A: http://www.strengthsquest.com/help/general/142421/retake-Clifton-StrengthsFinder-assessment.aspx
15. Q: What is the reliability and validity of the StrengthsFinder assessment? A: For more information regarding the research supporting StrengthsQuest, please refer to the Clifton StrengthsFinder Technical Report. http://www.strengthsquest.com/content/141365/Resources.aspx
16. Q: What is a strength? A: A strength is the ability to consistently provide near-perfect performance in a specific activity. The key to building a strength is to identify your dominant talents, then complement them by acquiring knowledge and skills pertinent to the activity. http://www.strengthsquest.com/help/general/142466/strength.aspx
17. Q: What is the difference between talents and strengths? A: http://www.strengthsquest.com/help/general/143096/difference-talent-strength.aspx